As per the Corporation’s Bylaws, the Committee is composed of the Board Chair, who chairs the Committee, the Chair-elect, the Immediate Past Board Chair, the Board Treasurer and the Board Secretary. The CEO is an ex-officio non-voting member. The Executive Committee is the only Standing Committee of the Board of Directors that has the rights and responsibilities for making decisions on behalf of the full Board of Directors.
The Committee’s specific duties are
• Governing the Corporation to ensure that it complies with all legal requirements
• Providing direction and leadership to the Board of Directors, and representing the Corporation to its various constituencies
• Faithfully executing the responsibilities that go with operating a mission-oriented nonprofit organization that has multiple stakeholders that include clients, volunteers, staff, donors and government entities
• Providing the Corporation with the resources necessary to deliver its mission
• Ensuring that each Committee is fully populated with Members and a Chairperson and is meeting often enough to conduct meaningful business
• Organizational goal-setting including budget oversight
• Serving as a sounding board for the CEO
• Acting on behalf of the Board of Directors between regularly-scheduled meetings, as proscribed in the Bylaws
• Performing the CEO’s annual performance review, and through this process gathers input from all Board Members
The Committee is required to meet at least six (6) times annually.