Donor Development Committee Member Agreement
2018-2019 Board of Directors
The Committee is composed of a Chair, who is appointed by the Board Chair, and four (4) additional Members who are elected by the Board of Directors.
The Committee has specific responsibility for ensuring that the Corporation has the private financial resources necessary to meet its mission. Because the Corporation’s needs change from year to year, Committee Members must work closely with staff to help develop, endorse and implement a fundraising action plan that meets the Corporation’s current 12-month budget needs. More specifically, Committee Members are responsible for
• Understanding and being able to articulate the Corporation’s annual financial needs and to work with Staff to secure funds necessary to operate programs
• Understanding and being able to articulate the Corporation’s long-term financial needs and to work with Staff to secure funds necessary to ensure that programs are secure in the future including legacy gifts
• Ensuring that each Committee Member makes their own annual gift commitment to prior to asking others for their commitments
• Soliciting annual gift commitments from Non-Committee Board Members
• Introducing individuals to the Corporation on an ongoing basis through invitations to take personal tours, attend NSO Good Samaritan lunches and other events, from time to time
• Assisting Staff and other Board Members and Volunteers in soliciting gifts
• Establishing Sub-Committees (as allowed in the Bylaws) that address specific topics that might include: NSO’s 100th anniversary in 2020, Leave a Legacy, NSO Good Samaritan, and NSO Good Samaritan Award special event fundraiser
The Committee is required to meet at least six (6) times annually.
By signing this form electronically, you are agreeing that this constitutes a legal signature confirming that you acknowledge and agree to the above terms and conditions.
Do Not Fill This Out